Scrum Master at Sanlam SKY Solutions
Permanent Senior EE position
Houghton Estate, Gauteng
Undisclosed cost to company incl benefits
Posted 11 Oct 2018 by Sanlam
About the Position
The Scrum Master is a vital role in our company. You will be in the unique position to help us coach, guide and facilitate 2 -3 teams in a vibrant, energetic, and inclusive culture while delivering amazing things for our customers.
- Act as Scrum Master for 2-3 Scrum teams with a focus on guiding the teams towards improving the way they work.
- Engaging with other Scrum Masters and stakeholders to define and improve overall agile processes.
- Providing all support to the Product Owner and Development Team using a servant leadership style and leading by example. This person should personify Scrum and Agile.
- Guiding and coaching the Scrum Team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
- Guiding and coaching the Scrum Team on self-organization to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum framework.
- Facilitating all sprint events (sprint planning, refinement, stand-ups, retrospectives and sprint reviews).
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining (i.e. grooming) and managing the product backlog.
- Ensuring cross-team coordination.
- Removing impediments or guiding the Development Team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Maintaining relevant metrics that help the Development Team see how they are doing.
- Assessing the Scrum maturity of the Scrum Team and organization and coaching them to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Liaising between the Development Team and User Experience/Visual Designers to foster better communication between the disciplines.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Problem solving
- Coaching and mentoring
- Conflict management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Servant leadership
- Situational awareness
- Attitude of empowerment
- Attitude of transparency
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle
- First level Scrum Master certification (PSM I_ CSM) (advantageous)
- At least 2 years' experience working as a Scrum Master
- At least 3 years' experience working in an agile environment
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP_Kanban_Crystal_FDD etc
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in Scrum (example: Burndown techniques_Retrospective formats_handling bugs etc)
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership_facilitation_situational awareness_conflict resolution_continual improvement_empowerment and increasing transparency
- Excellent communication skills in English in written and spoken form
- Excellent mentoring skills
- Previous experience as a collaborative leader
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful agile techniques: User Stories_ ATDD_TDD_ Continuous Integration_Continuous Testing_Pairing_Automated Testing
Desired Qualification Accreditation
Employer & Job Benefits
- Pension Fund
- Provident Fund
- Medical Aid
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time