Senior Broker Consultant at Sanlam
Permanent Senior position
Undisclosed cost to company
Job 2259967 | Ref CV/LK/AdK
Posted 11 Oct 2018 by Sanlam
About the Position
The key function of this role will be the finding, evaluation and conversion of new corporate and retail clients for additional Sanlam Corporate Cluster and SPF profit growth through the launching and commercializing of Sanlam's new Primary Health Insurance (SPHI) solutions as a matter of urgency.
Establish, analyse, price, present, motivate and support all distribution channels (intermediated or direct) in order to aggressively grow SPHI:
- Open all relevant Sanlam distribution channels to grow membership and support for SPHI.
- Find and open external distribution channels to grow membership and support for SPHI.
- Assist with the developing and commercialization of new retail channels for SPHI.
- Provide education, training, product advice, accreditation and sales support to all distribution and retail channels.
- Do product comparison and suggest intervention between SPHI and competitors.
- Liaise with and negotiate with external parties that Sanlam has strategic relationships with.
- Drive the effective implementation and servicing of all new clients involving new business opportunities and/or existing clients.
- Oversee Sanlam's interest in all endeavours.
- Reporting as and when required.
- Business / commercial related degree or relevant qualification
- 3 - 5 years' experience in senior health broker / product sales - preferably in corporate client setting.
- Experience in the implementation of new client and solution initiatives.
- Experience in modelling and evaluation of business cases and business models.
- Experience in health risk management and pricing will be advantages.
- A good understanding of a range of health and financial services products and their profit drivers.
- Knowledge of the main health and financial regulatory regimes influencing financial services in South Africa.
- Knowledge of the Sanlam governance processes will be beneficial.
- Health brokerage / sales experience is non-negotiable
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Must be a "closer' of new business transactions
- Must be able to engage and convert executive level clients
- Business acumen and a problem solver
- Strategic, conceptual and innovative thinking
- Results and client servicing focussed
- Treating customers fairly
- Negotiation skills
- Building partnerships
- Team success
- financial services
- health brokerage
- health risk management
- evaluation of business cases
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time