Analyst Developer at Glacier by Sanlam
Permanent Intermediate position
Tyger Valley, Western Cape
Undisclosed cost to company
Posted 04 Oct 2018 by Sanlam
About the Position
The Analyst Developer will be responsible for analysing and investigating production issues related to our Mainframe environment (Batch) and delivering unit tested COBOL code (emergency fix) according to specification guidelines and coding standards within the agreed timeframes. You will also be required to assist with mainframe related development activities from time to time.
The following outcomes will be expected to be achieved by the Analyst Developer:
- Interpretation of business and systems specifications received
- Maintenance of existing programs according to change requests
- Development of new programs according to change requests
- Development of DB2 stored procedures and Cobol programs using Rational developer and DataStudio
- Testing of own programs to ensure correctness
- Testing of interfaces to other systems, if applicable
- Debugging of programs
- Implementation of changes into the production environment, as part of the release management process
- Documentation of changes implemented and programs
- Technical support to others on own technology
- Management of own time and delivery of tasks according to deadlines
- Night support on batch runs from time to time
- Day support on queries logged by client from time to time
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant IT qualification
- At least 3 years Cobol experience in a mainframe environment
- At least 3 years' experience programming against DB2 database
- An extensive knowledge of mainframe based development and execution tools
- Solid SQL experience
- DB2 Stored procedures
- Experience in an investment environment would be preferred
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Honesty, integrity and respect
Should you not hear from us within 30 days after closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Glacier is committed to excellence and striving towards Employment Equity.
For more information, visit [URL Removed]
- Strong analytical thinking -
- Problem-solving skills -
- Ability to work on several tasks simultaneously -
- Work independently -
- Sound decision-making skills
- Show initiative/ Be pro-Active -
- Strong planning and organising skills -
- Good time management skills -
- Attention to detail -
- Excellent communication skills
- both written and verbal -
- Passion for working in highly collaborative environments
Desired Qualification Accreditation
About The Employer
Glacier by Sanlam focuses on the creation and preservation of wealth, offering a comprehensive collection of financial solutions aimed at a market who has a distinct need for a variety of niche financial services and select products.
Glacier brings together leading industry experts and respected financial services companies to meet the needs of its clients and prides itself on being a chosen partner of acclaimed financial intermediaries.
The Glacier offering includes local and international investments, pre- and post- retirement solutions, stockbroking, fiduciary services, personal and business assurance as well as short-term insurance.
Glacier is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sanlam, a successful JSE-listed financial services company.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time