Graduate Compliance Assistant at Sanlam
Bellville, Western Cape
Undisclosed cost to company
Posted 25 May 2018 by Sanlam
About the Position
What will you do?
- Assist with implementation of regulatory requirements
- Assist with the monitoring of compliance risks, including risk profiling, compilation of compliance risk management plans, and control measure assessments within SEM.
- Assist with governance reviews pertaining to the various policies across the cluster in line with the overall Governance Framework
- Assist with certain Company Secretary functions and Board appraisals
- Identifying areas of non-compliance
- Assist with the implementation of remedial action
- Involvement in project level implementation of legislation
- Performing business unit specific compliance research, and interpretation of legislation
- Liaise with internal role-players such as Group Compliance, internal audit, and Legal
- Liaise with various in-country compliance resources
- Assist with monitoring of Alignment of Approval Frameworks across companies in the Cluster
- Assist in the preparation of monthly compliance reports to EXCO and Audit and Risk Committee, and any other regulatory reporting.
Apply for this graduate opportunity and you will enjoy the following:
- 18-month development programme.
- Facilitated development focusing on leadership and self-improvement.
- Interaction with other graduates in other parts of the business.
- Group coaching.
- Invaluable industry hands-on experience.
What will make you successful in this role?
Qualification & experience
- LLB degree
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
Knowledge and skills
- Cultivates Innovation
- Client Focused
- Drives Results
- Good communication skills, and capable of presenting results to senior management of the business
- Quality and detail orientation and concern for accuracy
- Ability to work independently, and with other departments, and to meet deadlines
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines
- Ability to work well within a team
Process for application
Please upload a scanned document which includes your CV and most recent academic transcripts.
Our aim is to help you build a successful career with us
We're all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future - your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters - Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office - the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The Sanlam Group is committed to transformation and embracing diversity and our employment equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society as well as people with disabilities.
- Client Focused
- presenting results
- attention to detail
Desired Qualification Accreditation
About The Employer
Sanlam Emerging Markets is responsible for Sanlam's financial business services (life insurance, general insurance, banking, retail credit, health, bancassurance, and asset management) in emerging markets outside South Africa.
We're a dynamic business with a culture of high-performance, innovation, thought leadership, proactivity and learning. Our diverse footprint spans more than 33 countries across Africa, as well as India and Malaysia. This creates exciting opportunities to learn, grow and work as you interact with different colleagues, cultures and environments.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time