Chartered Accountant CA SA Training Programme at Sanlam
Bellville, Western Cape
Undisclosed cost to company
Posted 25 May 2018 by Sanlam
About the Position
What will you do?
- Complete the formal educational programme in which practical experience and training (from Sanlam as Training Office), as prescribed by the South African Institute of Chartered Accounts (SAICA), are obtained to be able to qualify as a Chartered Accountant (SA).
- Assist with the annual reporting process
- Assist with ad-hoc projects
What will make you successful in this role?
- Comm (Honours) Accountancy or equivalent of CTA
- Experience in a financial department could be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word can be advantageous.
- Technical Professional Skills
- High level of accuracy
- Thrives in high pressure environment
- Results Driven
- Good written & verbal communication skills in English
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Building & Maintaining Relationships
- Transparent, passionate and innovative
- Building customer loyalty
Students with citizenship in one or more of the following countries will also be considered:
These candidates must be prepared to work in either South Africa or one of the countries mentioned above, where it is required for operational reasons.
Process for application
Please upload a scanned document which includes your CV and most recent academic transcripts.
Our aim is to help you build a successful career with us
We're all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future - your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters - Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office - the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The Sanlam Group is committed to transformation and embracing diversity and our employment equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society as well as people with disabilities.
Desired Qualification Accreditation
About The Employer
Sanlam is a leading financial services group with operations in South Africa, 34 countries outside South Africa on the rest of the African continent, as well as significant operations in India, Malaysia and the United Kingdom. Sanlam was originally established as a life insurance company in 1918, and over the years it has transformed itself into a diversified financial services player. The five business clusters (Life insurance, Investments, Emerging Markets, Corporate, and Short-term insurance) house the Group's business operations. The Group Office serves as the 'glue' that keeps the Group together by providing strategic direction and support to the five clusters to assist them in meeting their business objectives. The Group Office is also responsible for the Group's centralised functions, which include: Finance, Actuarial, Risk Management, Information Technology, Human Resources, Market Development and Brand Services.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time