Graduate Fiduciary Consultant at Sanlam
Bellville, Western Cape
Undisclosed cost to company
Posted 24 May 2018 by Sanlam
About the Position
What will you do?
This specialist role acts as support to the various fiduciary disciplines in the business with reference to estates, trusts and wills with the view to provide sound legal advice to intermediaries and clients effectively.
Apply for this graduate opportunity and you will enjoy the following:
- 18-month development programme.
- Facilitated development focusing on leadership and self-improvement.
- Interaction with other graduates in other parts of the business.
- Group coaching.
- Invaluable industry hands-on experience.
What will make you successful in this role?
- Provide fiduciary services which include the following:
- Responsible for full administration of deceased estates.
- Report an estate to all parties involved.
- Collect all relevant information in order to prepare a liquidation and distribution account.
- Prepare final settlement statements and reconciliation statement for heirs.
- Transfer assets such as shares, unit trusts and fixed property.
- Cancel mortgage bonds.
- Complete income tax returns.
- Responsible for full administration of trusts.
- Managing of assets of trust in behalf of third party.
- Advice in respect of trust investments.
- Advice to beneficiaries of trusts.
- Support to Trust Manager.
- Prepare and compile a feasible standard type will.
- Interpret instructions of third parties.
- Make proposals for adjustments for the preparation of a feasible type will.
- Maintenance of will and filing system.
Qualification & experience
- Professional qualification in Law e.g. LLB degree.
- No experience required.
Knowledge and skills
- Computer skills (MS Word & MS Excel).
- Fiduciary services industry knowledge and interest.
- Relevant legislation and compliance knowledge and interest.
- Communicates effectively
- Cultivates innovation
- Concern for order and accuracy
- Customer focus
- Drives results
- Action orientated
- Being flexible and adaptable
- Demonstrates self-awareness
Process for application
Please upload a scanned document which includes your CV and most recent academic transcripts.
Our aim is to help you build a successful career with us
We are all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future - your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters - Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office - the Group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The Sanlam Group is committed to transformation and embracing diversity and our employment equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society as well as people with disabilities.
- MS Word
- MS Excel
Desired Qualification Accreditation
About The Employer
The Sanlam Personal Finance (SPF) cluster is responsible for Sanlam's retail business in South Africa. SPF provides clients across different market segments (entry-level, middle-income, affluent, professional market and business owners) with a comprehensive range of appropriate and competitive financial solutions. These include traditional life insurance risk and savings products, investment, retirement, health and fiduciary services. Designed to facilitate long-term wealth creation, protection and niche financing, these solutions are engineered around client needs.
As Wealthsmiths™ we believe in creating and cultivating a positive, energised working environment that gives you every opportunity to achieve success. Sanlam is committed to transformation and embracing diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society as well as people with disabilities.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time