Graduate Financial Planning Analyst at Sanlam
Bellville, Western Cape
Undisclosed cost to company
Posted 24 May 2018 by Sanlam
About the Position
What will you do?
This specialist role acts as support and or backup to the Legal Consultant and selected intermediaries with the view to provide sound legal/financial advice to financial advisers and clients. This role undertakes financial analyses and generates financial plans and solutions. (i.e.: retirement, estate and investment planning, business assurance etc.)
Apply for this graduate opportunity and you will enjoy the following:
- 18-month development programme.
- Facilitated development focusing on leadership and self-improvement.
- Interaction with other graduates in other parts of the business.
- Group coaching.
- Invaluable industry hands-on experience.
What will make you successful in this role?
- Provide Para Planning services which include:
- Gathering appropriate information from Legal Consultants regarding client's needs and requirements.
- Analyse and control all relevant information obtained.
- Do financial analyses for clients with the view on e.g. retirement planning, investment planning, estate planning and business assurance.
- Create financial plans and solutions for presentation to clients via the Intermediaries or Legal Consultants
Qualification & experience
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. Law Qualification) or Commercial Degree (e.g. B. Comm)
- CFP is recommended.
- No experience required.
Knowledge and skills
- Computer literate (MS Office experience with advanced skills in Excel).
- Financial services industry knowledge and interest.
- Relevant regulatory legislation and compliance knowledge and interest.
- Customer focus
- Cultivates innovation
- Drives results
- Being flexible and adaptable
- Action orientated
- Communicates effectively
- Demonstrates self-awareness
Process for application
Please upload a scanned document which includes your CV and most recent academic transcripts.
Our aim is to help you build a successful career with us
We are all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future - your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters - Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office - the Group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The Sanlam Group is committed to transformation and embracing diversity and our employment equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society as well as people with disabilities.
- Computer literate
Desired Qualification Accreditation
About The Employer
SPF Distribution is dedicated to supporting, growing and empowering clients with affordable, easy and suitable solutions, primarily through face-to-face intermediary channels, but also directly. We have approximately 2,000 tied advisers and 2,000 supporting independent brokers, all dedicated to meet the financial needs of our clients. Our vision: We aspire to be the best at building enduring relationships by connecting clients and intermediaries. We create sustainable value by attracting new clients, supporting ongoing client engagement and providing adaptive solutions designed to answer life's financial questions. ULTIMATELY WE GROW AND PROTECT WEALTH.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time