Graduate Trainee Risk Analyst at Sanlam
Tyger Valley, Western Cape
Undisclosed cost to company
Posted 24 May 2018 by Sanlam
About the Position
What will you do?
- Assist with the population and ongoing updating of information of the integrated enterprise-wide risk management software using the Sanlam Investments risk management methodology.
- Assist with the population and ongoing updating of operational procedures, controls and risks on the process documentation software.
- Provide administration for the complaints and incidents database.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues who act as the risk champions within the various departments and build long-term relationships with them.
- Assist with fostering a risk management culture within the businesses.
- Prepare risk management reports under the direction of risk practitioners in the team.
- Conduct risk workshops.
- Conduct detailed risk assessments on specific issues.
- Advise on corrective actions for business risks.
- Assist with information security and IT risk management.
- Collate, analyse and interpret financial and operational data.
- Perform other technical functions using structured risk management tools as the role develops.
Apply for this graduate opportunity and you will enjoy the following:
- 18-month development programme.
- Facilitated development focusing on leadership and self-improvement.
- Interaction with other graduates in other parts of the business.
- Group coaching.
- Invaluable industry hands-on experience.
What will make you successful in this role?
Qualification & Experience
- A relevant tertiary qualification
Knowledge & Skills
- Risk and control knowledge and experience
- Understanding of business processes in the Financial Services Industry
- Structured work approach
- Strong administration skills
- Analytical and technical ability
- High degree of integrity
- Ability to persuade and influence
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues
- Self-starter and self-managed
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and telephone skills
- Excellent customer relations and relationship building skills
- Ability to work within pressurized environment
- Ability to be an effective team player and proactive individual
- High client orientation and excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining the highest standards
Process for application
Please upload a scanned document which includes your CV and most recent academic transcripts.
Our aim is to help you build a successful career with us
We're all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future - your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters - Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office - the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
Living up to our Group-wide core competencies, will help you achieve a successful career with us.
The Sanlam Group is committed to transformation and embracing diversity and our employment equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society as well as people with disabilities.
- Trainee Risk Analyst
- telephone skills
- customer relations
Desired Qualification Accreditation
About The Employer
We offer a wide range of investment and financial planning solutions to protect and grow your long-term wealth.
Sanlam Investments is one of South Africa's largest investment management companies, offering a comprehensive range of client-focused investment solutions to end-investors, intermediaries and larger institutions. Our comprehensive investment offerings include both passively and actively managed unit trusts, hedge funds and segregated and pooled retirement funds along the asset class and risk/return spectrum.
Our investment options include passively and actively managed unit trusts, hedge funds and segregated and pooled retirement funds.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time