Graduate Forensic Data Analyst at Sanlam
Bellville, Western Cape
Undisclosed cost to company
Posted 24 May 2018 by Sanlam
About the Position
What will you do?
As Forensic Data Analyst, you will use forensic tools and investigative methods to find specific electronic data, trends and transactions including Internet use history, word processing documents, images, and other files. You will use your technical skills to search for files and information that have been hidden, deleted, or lost. You will assist Forensic Investigators and other Forensic Analysts by analysing data and evaluating its relevance to the detect anomalies and fraud risks.
Apply for this graduate opportunity and you will enjoy the following:
- 18-month development programme.
- Facilitated development focusing on leadership and self-improvement.
- Interaction with other graduates in other parts of the business.
- Group coaching.
- Invaluable industry hands-on experience.
What will make you successful in this role?
- Evaluate system alerts for potentially fraudulent activity.
- Perform data mining and statistical analysis.
- Extraction, verification, and analysis of transactions from multiple systems, as well as input from other sources to identify potential fraudulent trends and activities.
- Work with technical staff to test forensic models.
- Perform analysis on available internal and external data sources to refine forensic decision processes and rule sets.
- Investigate suspicious activities on transactional data that could potentially include fraud.
- Develop predictive models based on individual fraudulent transactions to improve automated detection.
- Develop and recommend forensic rules and strategies across technology platforms.
- Investigate behavioural patterns that could assist in the identification of fraud.
- Report on the results generated by proactive data analytics.
- Develop and prepare management reports.
Qualification & experience
- Postgraduate Diploma in Management Information Systems with the focus on either Computer Forensics or Business and System Analysis.
- No experience required.
Knowledge and skills
- Computer skills (MS Word & MS Excel - advanced level).
- Interest to analyse, evaluate and interpret data sets.
- Strong understanding and application of analytical techniques.
- Knowledge of SQL, iBase and any other data analysis tools.
- Communicates effectively
- Cultivates innovation
- Concern for order and accuracy
- Customer focus
- Drives results
- Ensures accountability
- Being flexible and adaptable
- Demonstrates self-awareness
Process for application
Please upload a scanned document which includes your CV and most recent academic transcripts.
Our aim is to help you build a successful career with us
We are all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future - your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters - Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office - the Group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The Sanlam Group is committed to transformation and embracing diversity and our employment equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society as well as people with disabilities.
- Forensic Data
- Computer Forensics
- System Analysis
Desired Qualification Accreditation
About The Employer
The Sanlam Personal Finance (SPF) cluster is responsible for Sanlam's retail business in South Africa. SPF provides clients across different market segments (entry-level, middle-income, affluent, professional market and business owners) with a comprehensive range of appropriate and competitive financial solutions. These include traditional life insurance risk and savings products, investment, retirement, health, and fiduciary services. Designed to facilitate long-term wealth creation, protection and niche financing, these solutions are engineered around client needs.
As Wealthsmiths™ we believe in creating and cultivating a positive, energised working environment that gives you every opportunity to achieve success. Sanlam is committed to transformation and embracing diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society as well as people with disabilities.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time