Graduate Accountant Group Tax Services at Sanlam
Bellville, Western Cape
Undisclosed cost to company
Posted 24 May 2018 by Sanlam
About the Position
What will you do?
- Technical support on tax compliance matters arising in the Sanlam Group regarding the whole spectrum of direct and indirect taxes including Income Tax, Paye As You Earn (PAYE), Value Added Tax, Dividends Tax, Withholding Tax on Interest, etc.
- Assist with tax compliance controls and procedures relating to direct and indirect taxes within the Sanlam Group.
- Assist with the supplying of all tax related information to authorities in the formats as required from time to time.
- Review of tax returns.
- Ad hoc projects/tasks with regards to the above or as agreed from time to time.
Apply for this graduate opportunity and you will enjoy the following:
- 18-month development programme.
- Facilitated development focusing on leadership and self-improvement.
- Interaction with other graduates in other parts of the business.
- Group coaching.
- Invaluable industry hands-on experience.
What will make you successful in this role?
- Comm/B. Accounting
- Post-graduate qualification in tax (or in process of obtaining).
- Exposure in a financial or tax environment through a vacation programme/ job shadow, will be to your advantage.
- Tax-related experience in a vacation programme or job shadow will be to your advantage
- Computer literacy (Excel)
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Concern for order and accuracy
- Continuous Learning
- Influencing and gaining commitment
- Information Gathering
- Innovative Thinking
- Managing Work
- Problem Solving
- Results driven
- Stress tolerance
- Display sound judgement
- Team Success
- Treating Customers Fairly
Process for application
Please upload a scanned document which includes your CV and most recent academic transcripts.
Our aim is to help you build a successful career with us
We're all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future - your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters - Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office - the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The Sanlam Group is committed to transformation and embracing diversity and our employment equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society as well as people with disabilities.
- tax compliance
Desired Qualification Accreditation
About The Employer
Sanlam is a leading financial services group with operations in South Africa, 34 countries outside South Africa on the rest of the African continent, as well as significant operations in India, Malaysia and the United Kingdom. Sanlam was originally established as a life insurance company in 1918, and over the years it has transformed itself into a diversified financial services player. The five business clusters (Life insurance, Investments, Emerging Markets, Corporate, and Short-term insurance) house the Group's business operations. The Group Office serves as the 'glue' that keeps the Group together by providing strategic direction and support to the five clusters to assist them in meeting their business objectives. The Group Office is also responsible for the Group's centralised functions, which include: Finance, Actuarial, Risk Management, Information Technology, Human Resources, Market Development and Brand Services.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time