Graduate Technical Specialist at Sanlam
Bellville, Western Cape
Undisclosed cost to company
Posted 24 May 2018 by Sanlam
About the Position
What will you do?
This position supports the team in executing their function of supporting the DRPA Admin Office (AO) with the most complex technical aspects of the work. This typically will come in the form of either new or non-standard requests. This position supports high level complaints of a technical nature as well as managing the correction of errors. The Technical Specialist will also work at continually streamlining and enhancing the BAU processing and practices, thus looking for efficiencies. The Technical Specialist actively participates by providing input into the investigation, analyses, and development of new business solutions arising from new business requirements, ensuring seamless integration into BAU. The Technical Specialist trains and supports staff with new implementation.
Apply for this graduate opportunity and you will enjoy the following:
- 18-month development programme.
- Facilitated development focusing on leadership and self-improvement.
- Interaction with other graduates in other parts of the business.
- Group coaching.
- Invaluable industry hands-on experience.
What will make you successful in this role?
- Support business with development, coordination and implementation processes, which includes:
- Scoping of projects and processes.
- Analysing of data, business plans, trends, predictions etc.
- Providing training support and delivery.
- Support with technically complex or non-standardised queries, requests and errors.
- Support with enhancement and improvement of BAU processes, including:
- Developing, designing and implementing processes and practices.
- Source documentation management.
- Support with system testing and related processes.
Qualification & experience
- B Comm Degree
- Relevant Business Analyst qualification and/or interest.
- No experience required.
Knowledge and skills
- Computer literate (MS Office experience with advanced skills in Excel).
- Financial services industry knowledge and interest.
- Relevant regulatory legislation and compliance knowledge and interest.
- Customer focus
- Cultivates innovation
- Drives results
- Being flexible and adaptable
- Action orientated
- Communicates effectively
- Demonstrates self-awareness
Our aim is to help you build a successful career with us
We are all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future - your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters - Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office - the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The Sanlam Group is committed to transformation and embracing diversity and our employment equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society as well as people with disabilities.
Process for application
Please upload a scanned document which includes your CV and most recent academic transcripts.
- Business Analyst qualification
- Business Analyst
Desired Qualification Accreditation
About The Employer
SPF Distribution is dedicated to supporting, growing and empowering clients with affordable, easy and suitable solutions, primarily through face-to-face intermediary channels, but also directly. We have approximately 2,000 tied advisers and 2,000 supporting independent brokers, all dedicated to meet the financial needs of our clients. Our vision: We aspire to be the best at building enduring relationships by connecting clients and intermediaries. We create sustainable value by attracting new clients, supporting ongoing client engagement and providing adaptive solutions designed to answer life's financial questions. ULTIMATELY WE GROW AND PROTECT WEALTH.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time