Graduate Gsa Integration Support Operations at Sanlam
Bellville, Western Cape
Undisclosed cost to company
Posted 24 May 2018 by Sanlam
About the Position
What will you do?
This successful person is responsible to monitor the current GSA applications as well as Shared Sanlam applications to provide support when an Application incident occur. Health checks and automations of other checks will be done during the day and root cause analysis will be completed for incidents that may occur.
This environment provides a good learning opportunity and access to a variety of technology systems by doing the following:
- Monitor the key applications running in the GTI Group Shared Applications space.
- Involved in runtime environments, upgrade software, load of patch for Group Shared Applications environment
- Do health checks for all the key applications in the Group Shared Applications space
- Run the Incidents and requests for the Group Shared Applications Space
- Run with Production outages due to internal and external factors
- Documentation of findings of investigations and changes to work processes to assist the resources in the Group Shared Application Space.
- Assisting in the constant investigation and configuration of the monitoring solution products to obtain best value for Business.
- Understand how to apply the Group Shared Applications governance to the environment.
- Form part of the key administration support for the Group Shared Applications Space including ECM, DEVSECOPS, Internal Admin support.
What will make you successful in this role?
- Degree in Information Technology
- J2EE certification and Unix and or Linux certification would be advantageous
- Must have theoretical knowledge of the implementation and support of Systems Software.
- Knowledge of layered architecture and understand the Object Orientated concept firmly.
- Understand the concept of presentation layer technologies that range from Browser to thick client to backend Server and Cloud base solutions
- Knowledge of server side technologies that range from the functional, data, monitoring and integration layer
- The ability to deliver within a team context of timelines, cost and quality.
- Knowledge of networks, hardware, operating systems (AIX), databases (DB2) to the level of understanding to assist implementation and monitoring.
- Core competencies
- Cultivates Innovation
- Client Focus
- Drives Results
- "Flexible and Adaptable / Resilience
- Behavioural Competencies
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Decision Quality
- Action Oriented
- Optimising Work Processes
Apply for this graduate opportunity and you will enjoy the following:
- 18-month development programme.
- Facilitated development focusing on leadership and self-improvement.
- Interaction with other graduates in other parts of the business.
- Group coaching.
- Invaluable industry hands-on experience.
- Computer Installation
- Reporting and Administration
- Quality, Compliance, and Accreditation
- Services Knowledge
- Problem Tracking
Process for application
Please upload a scanned document which includes your CV and most recent academic transcripts.
Our aim is to help you build a successful career with us
We're all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future - your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters - Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam
Investments, Sanlam Corporate Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office - the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The Sanlam Group is committed to transformation and embracing diversity and our employment equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society as well as people with disabilities.
- Information Technology
Desired Qualification Accreditation
About The Employer
Sanlam is a leading financial services group with operations in South Africa, 34 countries outside South Africa on the rest of the African continent, as well as significant operations in India, Malaysia and the United Kingdom. Sanlam was originally established as a life insurance company in 1918, and over the years it has transformed itself into a diversified financial services player. The five business clusters (Life insurance, Investments, Emerging Markets, Corporate, and Short-term insurance) house the Group's business operations. The Group Office serves as the 'glue' that keeps the Group together by providing strategic direction and support to the five clusters to assist them in meeting their business objectives. The Group Office is also responsible for the Group's centralised functions, which include: Finance, Actuarial, Risk management, Information Technology, Human Resources, Market Development, and Brand Services.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time