Graduate Trainee Investment Analyst at Sanlam
Tyger Valley, Western Cape
Undisclosed cost to company
Posted 24 May 2018 by Sanlam
About the Position
What will you do?
- Analyse, interpret and disseminate market information
- Thoroughly research , understand and explain collective investment schemes performance, positioning and mandates
- Initiate research on current investment and industry related (including legislation, LISP, flows and IFA practice management) topics
- Provide support to intermediaries and the SI Distribution Support team regarding the structuring of portfolios and investments
- Providing direct investment support to retail multi managers / model portfolio managers
- Assisting with
- New business pitches, and
- Maintaining existing business - from intermediaries in point above.
- Present investment-related information to intermediaries
- Write articles on research/industry/investment topics in English
- Be available to travel nationally
Apply for this graduate opportunity and you will enjoy the following:
- 18-month development programme.
- Facilitated development focusing on leadership and self-improvement.
- Interaction with other graduates in other parts of the business.
- Group coaching.
- Invaluable industry hands-on experience.
What will make you successful in this role?
Qualification & Experience
- Commercial degree
- Advanced Excel skills
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of investment and economic principles
- Knowledge of the retail financial environment
- Initiative and innovative/function independently
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Proven decision making skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Client service orientation
- Computer skills: EXCEL (Macros and Visual Basic advantage), MS Power Point and MS WORD
- Strong Communication skills (Verbal and Written) in English
- Relationship Building Skills
- Ability to interact with intermediaries
- Ability to influence investment decisions
- Self-starter and self-managed
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and telephone skills
- Excellent customer relations and relationship building skills
- Ability to work within pressurized environment
- Ability to be an effective team player and proactive individual
- High client orientation and excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining the highest standards
Process for application
Please upload a scanned document which includes your CV and most recent academic transcripts.
Our aim is to help you build a successful career with us
We're all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future - your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters - Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office - the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The Sanlam Group is committed to transformation and embracing diversity and our employment equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society as well as people with disabilities.
- development programme
- Investment Analyst
Desired Qualification Accreditation
About The Employer
We offer a wide range of investment and financial planning solutions to protect and grow your long-term wealth.
Sanlam Investments is one of South Africa's largest investment management companies, offering a comprehensive range of client-focused investment solutions to end-investors, intermediaries and larger institutions. Our comprehensive investment offerings include both passively and actively managed unit trusts, hedge funds and segregated and pooled retirement funds along the asset class and risk/return spectrum.
Our investment options include passively and actively managed unit trusts, hedge funds and segregated and pooled retirement funds.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time