Graduate Trainee Accountant at Sanlam
Bellville, Western Cape
Undisclosed cost to company
Posted 24 May 2018 by Sanlam
About the Position
What will you do?
- Responsible for accounting activities such as debtors, reconciliation of accounts and creditors.
- Prepares managerial reports and financial statements.
- Ensuring that financial records are maintained which are comprehensive, up to date, accurate and meet legal and regulatory requirements.
- Investigation and monitoring of expenses by reviewing budget vs. actual on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for the fixed asset register.
- Calculating provisions on outstanding premium accounts.
- Processing journals and payments on a monthly and ad-hoc basis.
- Collation of data (outstanding premiums, revision information, account detail, etc.
- Assisting the management accountant with the preparation of budgets.
- Assisting auditors in there analyses and providing sound financial explanations.
- Balance sheet management.
Apply for this graduate opportunity and you will enjoy the following:
- 18-month development programme.
- Facilitated development focusing on leadership and self-improvement.
- Interaction with other graduates in other parts of the business.
- Group coaching.
- Invaluable industry hands-on experience.
Qualification & experience
- BCom Accounting
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Effective communication skills and an excellent grasp of the English language
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Service and deadline orientated
- Delivery skills (Planning, Time management, Task prioritization and Ownership)
- Efficient, confident and responsible
- Proactive and the ability to work independently
- Flexibility and adaptability
Process for application
Please upload a scanned document which includes your CV and most recent academic transcripts.
Our aim is to help you build a successful career with us
We're all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future - your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters - Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office - the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The Sanlam Group is committed to transformation and embracing diversity and our employment equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society as well as people with disabilities.
- BCom Accounting
Desired Qualification Accreditation
About The Employer
Sanlam Corporate consists of Sanlam Employee Benefits (SEB) and Sanlam Health (SH). These businesses enhance our corporate business offering through providing integrated solutions for corporate clients both in South Africa and across the African continent.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time